Audiocast: Energy Sector Update with Sameer Bhalla, DDJ Senior Research Analyst
(recorded on April 21, 2020)
With panic radiating throughout the energy sector, are you seeking-out undervalued investment opportunities? Curious of the drivers that could bring oil markets back into equilibrium, and perhaps even a supply deficit? In this market update, Sameer Bhalla, DDJ’s Senior Research Analyst, provides an update on the crash in oil prices and implications for energy companies within the high yield universe.
He also shares perspectives about:
- Background on the rise & financing of US shale oil producers
- Factors that led to negative WTI prices
- Types of companies that should be able to survive in the current market environment
- Analysis of a fallen angel that was A-rated two years ago
- Impact of the Fed’s decision to begin purchasing high yield bonds
- World-class companies with broken balance sheets
To listen to this audiocast, please fill out the form on this page.